Are you lucky enough to be attending the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City? If so, then you have to make major preparations before you actually head off to the parade route.
The parade starts at 9 AM, but because it's so popular lots of people begin arrive as early as 6 AM. Check out this video to learn how to get the best seats possible to watch the parade.
If you want to find a good spot, you have to find it early. People begin arriving as early 6:00 a.m. (parade begins at 9:00 a.m.) Folding chairs are not allowed as the sidewalks become crowded quickly. Remember to dress warmly because New York City is very cold in November.
New Yorker's Favorite Parade Viewing Areas
The organizers of Macy's Thanksgiving Parade recommend the area between 61st and 72nd Streets on Central Park West as the best viewing spot.
According to TravelingMamas.com, one of the best Macy's Thanksgiving Parade viewing spots is between 66th and 77ths Streets along Central Park West. Although it is crowded, (as is the rest of the parade route) this is where the parade begins and the excitement is at its peak.
MidManhattan.com advises that the best hotels for viewing the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade are the Sheraton Manhattan and WestPark Hotel.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades