If you are traveling to a different country, whether on a business trip or vacation, you must have an up-to-date passport. Luckily, passport renewal is relatively easy for people living in the United States. All you need to do is mail in some paperwork and photos.
Step 1: Make sure your old passport is intact and less than 15 years old. If you don't meet the qualifications for mailing in your passport, you'll have to make an appointment and apply in person.
Step 2: Fill out form DS-82, a document that can be found online.
Step 3: Attach a 2"x2" picture of yourself to the form.
Step 4: Mail in the form, the application fees, and your old passport.
Step 5: Be prepared to wait about 3-5 weeks.
Step 6: Go out and enjoy your trip!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades